Sunday, July 6, 2008

Are you Blind?





Idiots.




FREAKING idiots.




If I hear another assclown call Green Day emo I will go biserk.


Lets get one thing straight, I respect your opinion, if you don't like them that's fine, but if you got nothing nice to say, don't say anything. But when it gets to the point where I have random people come up to me in public when I'm wearing a GD t-shirt calling me emo, I will have to let some steam out.

Do those men up there look like they'd be cutting themselves, whining about how much their life sucks? NO. Sure they'll write a sad tune every now and then, and yes two of the member wear eyeliner but that doesn't mean their emo! Watch some of their interviews, see makings of their music videos, these guys are all about having fun, goofing around and just being fun people. They don't have flippy hair, Billie Joe doesn't scream his songs, they don't sing about getting dumped by some chick... ETC.

THEY ARE NOT emo!


Here's more of a recent picture of them (off to the left). Ok, so I can see where people get the idea that these dudes are emo... but seriously. Emo is short for Emotional. Listen to the American Idiot album. Nothing could be more happier. No songs about how much life is depressing and no songs about the world being a horrible, horrible place.
Alright, so may I say something?
The only reason people call this band 'emo' is because of all the teeny little "emo" girls who think their "s000 hawt" or listen to REAL emo bands but somehow like Green Day (for their "hottness" or American Idiot) and then people start thinking "Oh well, if that emo kid likes Green Day then that proves all fans are like that!"
Teenies that listen to them DON'T know the REAL Green Day. Thinking their hot will get you NOWHERE. I bet if I asked them their favorite song, they'd say "Holiday!" or "I dunno". Now don't get me wrong, Holiday is an AWESOME song, but ever heard their LEGENDARY songs? From their older albums where hey, they weren't so as hot as they were now? No, you haven't because thanks to you little teeny girls people now think that their emo and all their fans are stupid little teenies that are ten years old.
Green Day just isn't like another Simple Plan. They have been playing for 20 years and worked hard to get where they are now. And when American Idiot came out, everyone was saying that they "SOLD OUT". No, they didn't. They grew up, obviously something you haven't experienced yet if you think they sold out. GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA 1994's ass. They were awesome then and their awesome now.
And for those that hate Green Day, ok :) I'm not as defensive as some fans turn out to be... I won't call you a fag or something. Even some of my friends hate Green Day so please, I ask nicely, respect my opinion cause I respect yours.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
'Ello =D I am Emily. I am a A.D.D spazz. Complaining about nothing, and jumping from subject to subject. My top 5 fave things are Green Day, Horses, Drawing, Cheeseburgers, and Soda. And I rant WAY too much! =D