Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Accept it.

Define "real" music for me.

Of course, many people, when asked that question, will come up with different musicians who they think are "real" music. Weither it'd be Led Zepplin, Jonas Brothers, The Sex Pistols, Kanye West... whatever! No matter who you ask, you'll always get a different answer.

Does that means there's no definition? Think about it.

People always have that band that they love and "worship" because of their music. I'm talking about having that favorite musician that writes lyrics that speak to you, that you can understand and that you just... love. Others may not feel the same about the band you like, so they have theirs. How do I explain this more clearer?

Personally, I'm not a fan of The Jonas Brothers, but some girls are. Do I bash them for it? Of course not. They love The Jonas Brothers and there's nothing I can do about it, sure I may not like their music but not everything has to come to your approval. So the majority of the teen population likes Top 40's music... does that mean that they're following the crowd? No. Maybe they like that music, maybe they love to dance to it, sing to it whatever. They like it and that doesn't give you the right to put them down for it. Hey, I'm all for free speech, and you can say whatever you like about whatever singer/band. You're allowed. But its not ok to put people down for what their music taste is. We all have a different definition to what "real music" is. Some kids like rock, some like pop. Some kids like jazz, whilst others like punk. Its all a matter of opinion. So yeah, you can hate whatever band/singer you want, your allowed. Just don't be a pompus, snobby jackass and go and tell people that what they listen to is wrong and what you listen to is right. Not only is that nazi mentality, but its arrogant and makes you look stupid.

To me, there's no such thing as "bad music". But there is such thing as music I don't like.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
'Ello =D I am Emily. I am a A.D.D spazz. Complaining about nothing, and jumping from subject to subject. My top 5 fave things are Green Day, Horses, Drawing, Cheeseburgers, and Soda. And I rant WAY too much! =D